Dental implants care
If you have dental implant procedure it’s necessary to follow the instructions of your dentist, and today we are going to tell you what you need to do to have a proper care of your dental implants.
Follow the next tips to take care of your dental implants:
- Wait at least 2 to 3 hours after surgery to drink or eat. At the beginning eat just soft food, and with the passing of the days you could finally taste harder food like nuts, apples, chocolate bars and more. It is important to be patient till you feel comfortable with the new implants. You can eat nuts as we mentioned, but mainly you need to follow a soft diet, avoiding chewing on the intervened area for a while. Implants can be very strong but as every teeth (natural or implants) you have to be gentle and careful in the chewing process.
- Do not spit or rinse for a while. You should not make any effort with your mouth, because the sutures can open and be damaged by sudden movements. This can generate bleeds, and when a suture, and operation or a scar is open it can get infected, this is why you have to follow all the instructions of your dentists.
- Do not brush your teeth after the surgery. The first day of the surgery, you need to let your new teeth rest, the second day you can brush your teeth, but softly and avoid touching the vulnerable areas, this means the sutures.
- Avoid any effort the same day as the surgery. Actually, you will have to rest at least one week, want you need is to prevent bleeds, inflammation, and infections.
- Do not smoke it is harmful for your implants. Many patients develop oral diseases due to the cigarettes, for example this a really harmful products it can provoke oral cancer, periodontal diseases, and many others. One of this consequences is the loss of teeth, at the beginning you will notice a yellowish color and that the process of saliva becomes more difficult. The lubrication of the mouth serves to have healthy teeth.
This general guideline will help you to have a better hygiene, to have an easier recovery, and this tips will help your dental implants to have a longer duration. Most of dental implants can last over 15 years and even 20, but this will depend on the care you put on them.
It is a priority to have good oral hygiene, especially when you have dental implants. Actually, many patients have dental problems like gingivitis, periodontal diseases, dental plaques or tartar, cavities and tonsil stones (and many other oral diseases) due to the lack of oral and dental care.
We recommend you to schedule an appointment with your dentist at least every four to six months. If you want a dental procedure our clinic offers the best attention for your needs, the most affordable prices and we have the best team of professionals.
You may be interested in this posts:
Why is Mexico so popular in dental tourism?
What can cause teeth sensitivity?
Why is it important to invest on your Cosmetic Dentistry?
Can eating disorders affect my teeth health?
Top 5 must-visit atractions in Cancun
Restore your confidence!