How to improve my dental hygiene?
Dental hygiene is always the first line of defense against dental decay and other diseases. We know we have to brush gently in circles 2 to 3 times a day, as well as use dental floss and mouthwash at least once a day… but what should you do when you have dental prosthesis like porcelain bridges, dental implants or dentures (either regular or snap in dentures)? In this case, the doctor should have told you to follow certain guidelines about their care but we will put it clear over here:
• For dental crowns and fixed bridges, brushing should be done in the same way as that of a natural tooth. There are flosses specially designed for this type of prosthesis, and is also recommended to use mouthwash.
• It is advisable to massage the gums with a soft brush after using a dentures to improve blood irrigation in the area and clean plaque build up on the tissue.
• While the denture is kept out of the mouth, it is advisable to keep it in water, either alone, or by adding a disinfectant tablets.
• Dentists usually insists patients to clean their dentures, if not after every meal, at least once a day before sleeping.
• The use of toothpaste to clean this type of prosthesis is contraindicated because it causes opacity and deterioration of the outer layer of the prosthesis eliminating time its original brightness, promoting the porosity of the material, which in the future will facilitate aggregation bacteria to it and with it the formation of plaque and tartar.
• Rinse your Snap in Dentures after every meal, using a conventional toothbrush or a special denture brush.
We invite you to call toll free from USA and Canada 1-800-565-1424 and tell us your doubts or if you are already on vacation in Cancun and want to meet us, or if you have a dental emergency during your vacations you can call us at the following local number (998) 1-40-51-25.
Make sure to like our Facebook page to know about our promotions!